"Sent in by GP with possible stroke/ brain..."

About: Royal Surrey County Hospital

A family member was admitted by the GP because of waking up unable to walk properly/balace and constant shaking and leaning backwards. He was admitted to EAU which I can not fault - all the staff were prompt, polite and kept us updated. Then moved to a ward - which he stayed in from early hours on Saturday till Monday awaiting an MRI. We were told he would have it Monday. He did not and no reason why he hadn't. After being admitted for over 3days, and absolutely no idea/proof what was wrong. Also, staff not really having any answers why nothing was happening and always saying doctors decisions! I find this kind of experience as a carer myself very unexceptable and being left in the dark and getting a patient so anxcious because they are just waiting and nothing happens!

Response from Royal Surrey County Hospital

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are so sorry to hear about your experience and are very keen to look into this further and get to the bottom of what happened. Please contact us directly at rsc-tr.enquiries@nhs.net and we will investigate further. Thank you.