"Life Savers, Literally !"

About: William Harvey Hospital

I was rushed to William Harvey after walking into Medway Hospital (Which didn't get a very nice review from me to say the least) for chest pains. I was made to wait for 40 minutes at Medway, before anyone even saw me, but luckily my luck changed the second I went into the back of the ambulance. Two lovely paramedics and a technician rushed me as fast as they could through rush hour traffic and got me there in just 30 minutes. Upon arrival, I remember going down a dark corridor and initially thinking I was dead. The rest was a blur, as soon after I went into cardiac arrest. The next thing I remember is waking with immense pain in my head and chest to see hundreds of people surrounding me all busy trying to I guess save my life. It then turned out that I had an angioplasty an stent done. The staff were extremely friendly, and I would say they went above and beyond the call of duty and knew exactly what they were doing (well they must have, I'm still here) ! The next 3 days were also very comfortable and I felt well looked after. So a massive thank you to all the A&E team who saved my life, and the nurses on ITU for making my stay very pleasant. I would love to return, under different circumstances of course ! and would recommend this hospital to every person I know (Not that they would get much chance to put in their preference when having a heart attack but still) so a massive thank you to everyone who was involved in my care. Unfortunately the same can't be said for Medway.

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with great feedback - we are very proud of staff who provide great care with kindness and efficiency. So glad to hear that you are recovering well, hopefully you wont need to use our services again, but good to hear that you would recommend our services to others.

Response from William Harvey Hospital

Thank you for your extremely positive feedback which has been shared with both the A&E department and ITU. All feedback is used as a learning tool to ensure services are improved or as a motivational tool when the feedback is positive. I have passed on the comments to SECAMB about the paramedics and technician you mention. I hope you have now fully recovered and thank you for recommending our hospital.