"Cornea transplant follow up appointment"

About: Royal Eye Infirmary

Mmmmmm...... Should have seen consultant I believe months ago, had to ring up again to find out where my appointment was, saw me in 3 days, suggests to me that they had forgotten me again, nothing has changed in the admin department at the REI even though I was having the same issues 4 years ago, and was told the it would all be better when they moved to Derriford. If I was not so eternally gratefull to my donors and surgical team I would be once again on the warpath to th CEO But then I suppose he and his senior staff are too busy to actually do something about it. More excuses I expect will be forthcoming, like" we'll we have just moved and we need timed to settle in......

Response from Mary Anderson, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Good afternoon and I am disappointed to read that you have had to contact the Trust to chase your follow up appointment. I note that your concerns appear to be limited to the administration of your appointments and I can only agree that having undergone complex surgery you want reassurance of regular and timely follow up.

I am sorry that once again, you had to pursue the Trust for an appointment and I give you my assurance that I will bring your concerns to the notice of the management team.

If you would like to speak to me, I can be contacted on 01752 439751.

Best wishes