"Jobs worth Receptionist in main hall"

About: St Austell Community Hospital

I went to get some of my fare refunded and book a taxi home, the lady at the front desk was extremely helpful and managed to get me a cab, but the lady who dealt with my refund for the fare needs to take a lesson in the way she treats people. I handed over my letter of proof for ESA which I have been on for over 3 years now and she told me she could not do the refund as the letter was dated for November 2012? I tried to explain to her that I have only ever got 1 letter a year she very snottily pointed to their telephone number and told me to ring them and get a more updated letter. I also told her that a few weeks back Truro Hospital had no problem with it and she said they should not have. This refund was for a miserable 60p and she was acting completely unreasonably. Well I phoned the ESA people and the guy on the phone told me that she had no right refusing me this refund. The letter was proof that I was receiving this and even if she did not herself think this was even in the slightest bit dodgy ( I was not receiving it anymore) when it went through it would have been signaled up. But apart from that it is bad enough having to be humble because I am on ESA and have to claw back any money that I can get help with, having someone then very gleefully take it upon themselves to make you feel so small over 60 pence I hope she is very satisfied with herself. She need to go on one of those NHS courses for Customer Care. I do hope you never find yourself in this situation.

Response from St Austell Community Hospital

We are sorry that you had this experience and we will be ensuring that all our staff are aware of the processes to refund ESA.