"Heart attack - steer clear of Pilgrim"

About: Pilgrim Hospital

I went to Pilgrim having a heart attack. Seen immediately but then left in agony for an hour before I got any treatment and then left on the Clinical Decision Unit for the day! 13 hours later a nurse from Cardiology found out about me being in the hospital and had me moved to Lincoln County. Thank you. Unfortunately this system doesn't allow you to leave no stars, therefore I have had to give undeserved one stars. If you get the choice go straight to Lincoln County and be treated properly.

Dear John-c - I am really sorry for your experience and certainly from your description the care you received was not of the standards nor the care pathways we expect. I have passed this onto our cardiology team as it is important that we learn from what happened and ensure that for every patient they are receiving the right care in the right place....at the right time. I will post an update as soon as I can.