"Hip revision surgery June 2013"

About: York Hospital

Had to wait twice as long for operation as expected but worth it. The doctor has my full respect and admiration.He is of course the leader of a team which clearly works well.Operation went"very well" . Stay on ward 29 bed 7 was great.Nursing care warm and fit for purpose.Patient centred and patient friendly.The outstanding staff member on the ward was a brilliant health care assistant Justine who for me was the glue who held the the whole post operative experience together. I do have a concern that staff nurses work too hard & are nearly always late leaving their shift. OT helpful and lovely with it .Physios make me defensive but achieved results when they worked with me as opposed to me working for them. Weekend service far superior mainly due to people skills.Cleaners,caterers,admin and all allied professionals great, My stay was very satisfactory and enjoyable.Discharge a bit disjointed but ok.Communication issues re medication between nurses and ward medic.Special praise for one member of staff who "nursed "me over the telephone until I got a firm admission date and to another member of staff in her assessment and liaison role. Thanks also to fellow patients for companionship support and fun. Coordination with rehab in community worked well and delivery of this from Malton Hospital is brilliant. I am progressing well after 3 weeks and looking forward to review in July Thank You.

Response from York Hospital

Thank you very much for your posting. Your comments have been passed to the teams concerned. We are pleased that your visit to us was very positive; our aim is to provide a high standard of service which reflects the needs of patients.