About: Fairfield General Hospital

After being referred for an emergency Endoscopy I was given an appointment 5 weeks later when I arrived for my appointment to see the specialist I had been booked in with the wrong specialist I then had to wait a further two weeks to see the right specialist in the mean time I received letters dated the same date stating I had a new appointment and on the same day another letter cancelling it. I eventually got another appointment for the same day as I saw the specialist but the letter did not arrive until the day after. I then received another appointment which I attended only to be sent home because their was no doctor to do the endoscopy. This was supposed to be an emergency, I now have to wait for yet another appointment how would you feel if you could not keep your food down.

Response from Fairfield General Hospital

We are very sorry to read your comment regarding your visit to Fairfield General Hospital. If you wish your concerns to be investigated, please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0161 604 5897 who will be happy to help.