"Caring paramedics, friendly, professional ..."

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

Caring paramedics, friendly, professional nurses and doctors in A&E, night staff and and ward registrar on Assessment Unit were professional, nurses and doctors seemed to work together very well. I was kept fully informed at all times as to what was happening next. Feel very reassured as to the quality of this hospital.

Only had breakfast, which was reluctantly offered to 5 patients, each was asked "do you want cornflakes", everyone else said yes but I asked if there was an alternative, I was offered porridge (which was absolutely dreadful, thin and lumpy) but the other patients then asked if they could change but were told they couldnĀ“t. I asked for juice because I could see it on the trolley, but was given it reluctantly, it was if they wanted to take it all back to the kitchens. I would not object to paying for meals taken whilst in hospital.

Response from Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

Thanks for your comments. We have passed on your feedback to the Matron for the emergency department and also to the catering manager for his attention and action.