"Very poor treatment"

About: Lister Hospital

After recently spending a lot of time in Barley Ward visiting a close relation I was very unimpressed with the cleanliness of the ward and the condition of the day room was a disgrace an old bed and a pile of mattresses on the floor how can that be right? No one wants to sit looking at that.The treatment was shocking my relative required physiotherapy but because they were asleep a lot of the time he wasn't woken so did not receive any until the staff was spoken to rather firmly.No music nothing to stimulate them just staring into space old people need care and attention which was sadly lacking. I'll summarise by saying my overall impression is one of a lack of compassion and almost indifference of staff towards the patients in their care.

Response from Lister Hospital

We're really sorry that this was your experience as Barley has enjoyed a reputation as being a well-run and much respected ward at the Lister. Clearly this was not your experience and whilst we will ensure that your feedback gets to the team, we would also welcome helping you speak with the ward's nurse leadership directly if you email us at generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net. Should you not wish to avail of that opportunity, we remain grateful for your comments and will make sure they are read by the team on Barley.