"Very impressed by Emergency Services"

About: Croydon University Hospital

I was taken ill at a family party on a Sunday afternoon & fainted for no reason. On calling 999, a paramedic arrived within a few minutes followed shortly by an ambulance. The staff were kind, courteous and very professional the whole time and carried out several tests including BP, blood sugar and an ECG. My BP was extremely low so I was taken by the ambulance to Croydon A&E. At the hospital I was transferred to an assessment ward and seen very quickly by the nurses and then by the A&E doctor. All the tests were repeated plus blood tests. I was then transferred to another ward to await the results of the blood tests which only took about an hour to arrive (all was normal). During that time I was offered tea and a sandwich and well looked after by the duty nurses. After about 3 hours in total which I needed for my Blood Pressure to normalise I was allowed to go home. I was very impressed by the kindness and good nature of all the staff I met considering how busy it was on a Sunday and the speed with which I was dealt with. Thank you to all at Croydon A&E.

Response from Croydon University Hospital

Thank you for taking the time out to give us your feedback. It is extremely encouraging to hear you were happy with the care you received at Croydon University Hospital. We are committed to providing compassionate high quality care across the Trust, so it is good to know that you were well looked after. We will pass on your comments to the staff in A&E, as this type of feedback is always hugely valued by the teams.