"drug addiction"

About: Addaction Lincoln Lincoln DART

(as a service user),

I have accessed many services throughout my years of addiction and often failed to relate to most keyworkers, often left disillusioned by the lack of continuous support available in the area.

I was lucky enough to be put into a rehab, however once I came out I was put back in the same area and environment lacking any aftercare as such which often led to many relapses.

I found support from other recovering addicts was more conducive to my recovery than other means and sought these out of my local area, eventually getting and staying clean through this interaction. After which I have been actively involved in peer mentoring and found it very rewarding to myself and beneficial and effective for current service users.

There should be more provision for this locally.

Response from Steve Hewish, Locality manager, Lincoln, Addaction

Thank you for the feedback about your experience with Addaction. We are pleased to hear that your involvement with us has led to you making such good progress. We are always looking for ways to improve our service and I am pleased that you have found your experience with our peer mentors rewarding.

Perhaps you would consider becoming a peer mentor/recovery champion yourself to assist others in their recovery journey, if this is something you would be interested in please contact me to discuss. We wish you continued success with your recovery