"Drastic Reduction in Standards"

About: Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford)

Since on doctor's departure the standard of treatment for shoulders has hit rock bottom. I've had the consultant walk out of a discussion because I dared question his treatment plan (which i havn't agreed with but have been forced to follow). I waited 14 weeks from seeing the consultant for an ultrasound scan, that was back in May. I still haven't been contacted for another appointment, so heavens knows when treatmeant will begin. So much for the advertised 13 weeks!! I've I'm lucky it will be in 2013, but the way things are going I reckon it will take them a year to actually do any treatment. Awful, as I'm left having to manage on an arm for which I'm registered disabled!

Response from Patient Engagement & Experience Administrator, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Left in pain

I am very sorry to hear of your problems experienced at the RD&E hospital. We would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further and ask if you can call the Patient Engagement and Experience Team on 01392 402363 or 403915.

Tracy

Response from Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford)

Thank you for sharing your story and I am very sorry to hear of the problem you experienced at the RD&E. we would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further and ask if you can call the Patient Engagement and Experience Team on 01392 402363 or 403915. Kind regards Tracy