"My wife's emergency operation"

About: John Radcliffe Hospital / Accident and emergency Wycombe Hospital

On Bank Holiday Monday my wife aged 79 was posting a letter when suddenly her left hand developed excruciating pain. She was able to phone me and I rushed to her and took her to Wycombe hospital. There is no A and E at Wycombe but a Minor Injuries Department.

There a nursing sister, Jane Seymour, examined my wife's hand and called the Duty GP. He examined my wife and immediately dispatched her to the John Radcliffe Hospital at Oxford by blue light ambulance where she was admitted and immediately placed on a drip, drugs etc. and a day later underwent an operation to clear a blood clot on the top of her arm. She was kept in hospital for 7 days and is nor making a good recovery.

My wife's life was saved by both Wycombe Minor Injuries Department and of course the famous John Radcliffe. My thanks to all those involved and 3 cheers for the NHS.

Response from Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post details of your wife’s recent treatment at the John Radcliffe Hospital. It is always reassuring to know that our staff are consistently practising Trust values of delivering compassionate excellence. We will, of course, bring your comments to the attention of the staff involved.

We hope your wife continues to recover and wish you both well.