"A and E"

About: Good Hope Hospital

My husband was admitted to A and E late at night - I thought the staff were excellent, attention was quick (not long before he saw staff from medical as distinct from A and E) and was admitted. The only problem so far appears to be around medication - the pharmacy is apparently notoriously slow, so I had to take in one of his meds - not a problem but really should not be an issue, should it. This is the first time I have been since the hospital's revamp, and the facilities are very much improved.

Response from Simon Jarvis, Head of Patient Engagement, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for your feedback and I hope your husband is feeling much better after what sounds like quite a traumatic experience. You're right, the delay in medication is not acceptable and I have forwarded your feedback to the Pharmacy who I know will take this on board and take steps to improve this in future. I'm really glad you like our new facilities too and wish you both well.

Best wishes

Simon

Response from Good Hope Hospital

Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your feedback and comments on NHS Choices website, this website also feeds into the Patient Opinion website, www.patientopinion.org.uk which is viewed daily by the Trust and a response to your posting will be available here. If you are unable to view the response and would like to discuss further please do not hestitate to contact us (Patient Services on 0121 424 0808) alternatively on www.patientservices@heartofengland.nhs.uk Kind regards Patient Services Department