"Rude admin staff"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

I attended an appt on 1st may to see a doctor I was seen by another member of his team who diagnosed skin cancer (thankfully not the one that spreads to other parts) on my face under my eye. He said it would need to be removed and s skin Graft done and this would be done in 2-4 weeks. In June I still had not received an appt and it seemed to be getting bigger after ringing the appointments number I was told that whoever deals with these only works mon to weds and call back Monday which I did. I spoke to the lady and voiced my concerns that it seemed to be getting bigger and I was worried as it is directly under my eye and I was told it would be removed in 2-4 weeks. She asked who had told me that and when I replied the consultant she quoted they don't know what they are talking about, and was given an appt for July 15th which will be 11 weeks after the consultants diagnosis. To have admin staff that think they know better than a doctor is unbelievable. I will be making an official complaint.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thank you for providing feedback about the care and treatment we provide. Your comments have been noted and will be reviewed to identify opportunities for improvement and any actions that may be necessary. If you would like to provide further details, or would like a personal response, please email customer.care@lthtr.nhs.uk, or you can speak with our PALS team on 01772 522972.