"A & E has been great"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Accident and emergency

East Surrey A and E service excellent on three occasions.

1, 2011. My wife broke three ribs falling in house..Ambulance within 10 mins.. Morphine to walk her down awkward steps as stretcher no use. Immediate admission, and first class treatment in ward for over a week, much of which taken up looking at cause of her fall.

2. 2012. I hurt my arm falling over in garden, no waiting at A &E in evening, there 3 hours, as complications because of skin and warfarin meant two doctors to be consulted. Good advice given to nurses.

2013. I injured myself again in garden, went to A & E Sunday morning, assessed within 15 minutes, had to wait a reasonable hour as treatment needed to have a doctors approval, Again, very good service.

Dear Patricia Clive,

Thank you for your comments about the A&E department at East Surrey Hospital. I'm very pleased that over three years we have provided you such a good service. Hopefully in this time you will have noticed that we have significantly improved the environment within A&E which has provided a fitting environment for the great service that our staff provide.