About: Hammersmith Hospital

I was taken into this hospital as an emergency and while I can not fault the medical attention I received the follow up care was non existent. The doctor I saw after my procedure did not explain what they had done and why it had been needed and when I asked questions I was assured that a doctor would explain everything when he did his rounds. All he did that morning was look at my notes and walk away without even a good morning.While I am incredibly grateful for them saving my life I was very depressed about my condition and would have really appreciated some one talking to me. I finally had my questions answered by my GP but I would have felt better if someone had actually spoken to me while I was laying in bed for 3 days.

Response from Hammersmith Hospital

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust welcomes your feedback. We thank you for expressing your appreciation for the care you received but apologise for the poor communication you experienced whilst on the ward and for the distress this caused. It would be helpful to have your details so we can ensure that the staff involved learn from your experience. If you would be happy for us to take this forward please contact our PALS service pals@imperial.nhs.uk We hope you are making good progress.