"Admission to A&E Majors"

About: Whipps Cross University Hospital

I was admitted into A&E today with potential spine injury. I was seen by triage within 5 minutes of arriving and sent up to majors within another 20 minutes once I had been strapped down and my head blocked so it couldn't move and next of kin had been contacted. Having fallen down the stairs and with existing spinal conditions, they took no chances. The nurses, doctors and porters were excellent, very personable and kept me informed at all times. My initial pain was dealt with before they started scans, which luckily turned out to be all clear. I was very impressed with the thoroughness of the examination I was given and was eventually sent home with instructions not to fall down the stairs again and some painkillers! Majors seemed busy but there were no unnecessary delays and communication was great. Well done Whipps!

Response from Whipps Cross University Hospital

Thank you so much for taking the time to make such a positive comment about the A&E department at Whipps Cross Hospital, Barts Health NHS Trust. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be passed onto the service manager to share among the team.