"I had a fantastic hip & knee ..."

About: The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (Stanmore)

I had a fantastic hip & knee replacement in June & November 2007. Both were performed by the consultant & his Team. Since the operations my mobility has improved in leaps & bounds. Now totally pain free & very much enjoying life.

To me - the RNOH transformed my life & I cannot speak highly enough of the Staff and the level of care given by All.

Over the past few months, I have visted Out Patients & the Orthotics Department & amazed at the welcoming extended to me.

A brilliant Unit operating at the forefront of Orthopaedic Surgery.

A big Thank You

For somebody who enjoys food - could be improved. BUT most people are in & out within 7-10 days so no real hardship and it is always possible to supplement from Visitors or the Shop wagon.

Hopefully the reconstruction of the Hospital will go ahead as a Priority. For 2008 parts of the hospital are a disgrace through no fault of the Management and outside their immediate control. The RNOH should be a Show Piece.

I thought the hospital was exceptional clean & could not be criticised.

Response from The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (Stanmore)

Thank you very much for your praise of the hospital and the care you received. We are very pleased that the efforts of our staff are recognised in this way. Thank you also for your support of the hospital's redevelopment which is very much a priority for us.