"Amazing help, support and care"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

I cannot praise the midwifery team at Stepping Hill enough. I had a difficult back to back labour and could not have an epidural due to infection risk following my waters breaking at start of pre-labour, with concerns about baby distress during labour and the discovery of his chord around his neck! Despite my anxiety and developing pain the team kept me calm, supported and as comfortable as possible. Following the birth a midwife helped me breastfeed straight away and worked with me and my partner to build confidence with feeding and all aspects of caring for our son. They helped during a particularly difficult night and in general couldn't have been more helpful, friendly and positive. The midwifery team were genuinely caring and compassionate and were wise in the ways of babies. . . practically baby whisperers! I couldn't have wanted more from them! I also particularly also wanted to mention the amazing standard and care of the student midwives at Stepping Hill - they were all professional, positive and passionate and a credit to the Hospital and the University of Manchester.

Response from Cath Marsland, Head of Risk and Patient and Customer Services, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and I will happily share this with the relevant team.

Cath Marsland Head of Risk and Customer Services

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

I sincerely apologise that these were not responded to in a timely manner.

This was due to lack of administrative support at the time which has now been rectified.

I would like to reassure you however that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate teams who were pleased to hear that you had a good experience at our hospital.

Patient and Customer Services Manager