"Feedback from the Social Inclusion and Wellbeing Team's Highbury Volunteering Fair"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

(as a volunteer/advocate),

On the 3rd June 2013 the Social Inclusion and Wellbeing Team held their first Volunteering Fair, where service users were given the opportunity to meet with a variety of volunteering placement providers from a wide range of community settings.

Here is some feedback from some of the service users and volunteering placement providers who attended the event:

“I have gained a positive relationship with Highbury Hospital”

“I am interested in doing voluntary work with the idea of eventually going into work”

“My motivation for doing voluntary work is to meet people”

“I would recommend people to do voluntary work as it opens doors and helps you get a job”

“I have fear of getting to a venue, I need to be shown a few times to know where the bus stop is. ”

“Getting there on the bus. I need support to be accompanied on the bus”.

“The volunteers we have are a great addition to our team”

“Volunteers with mental health issues do enjoy our allotment”

Response from Joanna Rapson, Volunteering & Befriending Manager, Volunteering & Befriending, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you so much for your posting regarding the Volunteering Fair and for all the postive feedback that was received. I am really pleased to hear that volunteering has not only had a postive impact on the individual but also the team.

If you are interested in becoming a volunteer or finding out more information about how to get involved please contact me on 0800 052 1415.

Response from Sangita Dhawan, Co-ordinator Community Volunteering, Social Inclusion & Wellbeing Service, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

thank you for sharing your experience and your thoughts with us. volunteering does help a great deal in boosting confidence in many areas of life The social Inclusion & Wellbeing Service supports people into community based volunteering placements by offering one to support in finding a suitable and appropriate opportunity. If you would like to explore this further then please contact our service on 0115 9560802.