"Apley Ward: 8 people waiting for a bed"
About: The Princess Royal Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics The Princess Royal Hospital Trauma and orthopaedics TF1 6TF
Posted by Ozone348 (as ),
1) Ward 11 at PRH. Admitted after several phone calls regarding a vacant bed. Apley ward. FUll.
2) Chaotic. Found own bed. At 10: 00pm decided to get ready for bed. About 10: 45pm, was asked if I wanted toast and tea about midnight.
3) A woman in the bed next for me called for help to the toilet for over an hour. In the end I went to the desk to ask for her. She was worried I would be "turned on" for making a fuss. Staff were just talking casually.
4) Doctor came in morning to assess me. I went to operating theatre about 8: 00am, saw Mr Perkins (to decide which hip) and aneathetist to discuss what I would need (I'm very allergic to many medicines). He was so reassuring and was proved right. I wrote and thanked him.
5) Back to ward 11 after 1/2 hour - off to Apley. (8 people waiting in ward for a bed).
One more disturbing thing in Apley. Short staffed, weekend holidays to be taken. A nurse asked me what I was looking at? she said you only looked at me because I'm black! I was shocked. Another nurse (a sister) was wonderful and I told her so.