"I went in to the Emergency Dept and latterly SRU..."

About: Royal Cornwall Hospital (Treliske)

I went in to Treliske Hospital earlier this month. I was admitted via the Emergency Department, who's staff were second to none. Nothing was too much trouble. During my admission I was in a lot of pain and discomfort but the nursing staff ensured that I was comfortable at all times. From there I moved to the Surgical Receiving Unit , a very busy unit where patients wait to be assessed by the Surgical Doctors to decide what treatment needs to be completed. Although extremely stretched the clinical staff (doctors and nurses) again made sure that I was comfortable and were very patient and attentive. Two days later I was moved to the Urology Ward , Tolgus, where again I was cared for with compassion. The nursing staff were absolutely fantastic. A special word must go to the HCA's and CSW's who's care and attention was a credit to the ward and hospital. Unfortunately I have had the misfortune to be ill rather a lot in the past 12 months and have ended up on Tolgus ward a number of times. But every time they have been faultless. Many Thanks to you all !!

Response from Royal Cornwall Hospital (Treliske)

Thank you so much for letting us know how pleased you were with your recent care. We've just opened the nominations for our 2013 Extra Mile Excellence and Innovation Awards. If you'd like to nominate the team on Tolgus you can complete our online nomination form: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RCHTExtraMile2013