"Wonderful care"

About: Wexham Park Hospital

I write as a retired doctor who by coincidence was the first SHO at Heatherwood, and whose wife was surgical houseman at Wexham Park in 1966. My brother in law was admitted unconscious to the acute stroke unit on bank holiday sunday with a deep central stroke. The care he received there was magnificent and could not be beaten anywhere in the world. He had a scan done which was sent electronically to Oxford, and a few hours later the procedure was repeated. Sadly it was evident that nothing useful could be done. All the time the Consultant was around and with the aid of his nurse kept us continually informed - how vital that is. My brother in law died in a very dignified manner the next day. The Consultant and all the staff make us proud of the NHS. My thanks to you all.

Response from Wexham Park Hospital

Firstly may we begin by offering our condolences to you and your family at this sad time. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such kind feedback about the excellent care your brother-in-law received, at clearly a very difficult time for you all. It is pleasing to hear how proud you are of the NHS and also your family's background of working at our hospitals. We will ensure that your positive comments are shared with the team involved - thank you.