"waiting times for operation"

About: Kent & Canterbury Hospital

after an emergency admission and having a catheter and bag fitted my husband was told he would be back in for his operation in 2 to 3 weeks time as he was a priority. The GP received a letter stating he would be back in within 3 weeks. Catheters can cause problems over extended periods and we are now 4 weeks on with no sign of an appointment and the hospital are now saying it will probably be nearer 3 months. Who knows what problems the catheter will have caused by then? This is a good department but if you need urgent treatment maybe somewhere else would be more suitable. We have wasted 4 weeks and are still waiting because we believed their time scale of 3 weeks.

Thank you for feeding back to us, and I am sorry that you have experienced a delay. Please do get in touch by email and I will find out more information about the reasons for the delay and I will also ask one of our specialist nurses to talk with you about any concerns you have about the catheter. My email address is Julie.pearce1@nhs.net

Response from Kent & Canterbury Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. It is important that we help you with your concerns and would ask that you contact the Patient Experience Team on 01227 783145 to discuss your concerns they will then assist you in moving forward with your husbands care. We are sorry to hear of your experiences to date and hope that we will be able to help you resolve your concerns.