"Eye unit visit"

About: Princess Alexandra Hospital (Harlow)

I visited the eye unit on two occasions after developing an ulcer on my eye. On both occasions that I visited I was seen promptly, with only a short waiting time of 5-10 minutes. The reception and nurses were all friendly and helpful. The doctors were a bit abrupt and to the point. The unit was clean, tidy and seemed well run. Overall a much better experience than I had expected!

Response from Princess Alexandra Hospital

The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust is working hard to improve services and ensure patients receive high quality care the first time, every time. It is really pleasing to receive your feedback and we will ensure that this is fed back to the staff at the Eye Unit. If ever you have an experience where you believe we need to act on your feedback to improve or learn lessons for the future, please ensure you leave a message here or contact the Patient Experience Team on 01279 82 70 84.

Response from Shahid Sardar, Head of Patient Engagement, Patient Safety and Quality, The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust

Dear Richard,

It is really pleasing to receive your feedback, positive and negative, and we will ensure that this is fed back to the staff at the Eye Unit. If ever you have an experience where you believe we need to act on your feedback to improve or learn lessons for the future, please ensure you leave a message here or contact the Patient Experience Team on 01279 82 70 84.