"website"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

What is the point of having a search engine on the Lincoln Hospital website when any search just sends you back to the national nhs page

Dear Alan - I have passed your query onto our IT / web people as to be honest I havent a clue how all this works!! I will get back to you as soon as I get a reply.

Dear Alan - as promised I did get our IT team to look into this and they have said the following:

"If you search on Google for Lincoln County Hospital the first website that appears is the Lincoln County Hospital page on the nhs.uk website. This is not our website and out of our control and probably explains why NHS wide search results were appearing. Our website appears second on the list of search results. Googles search results order is determined by lots of factors so it will be difficult to do much about this, but please pass on our web address www.ulh.nhs.uk and perhaps let the member of the public know that the NHS.UK website is a national website not our local Trust website and only contains a fraction of the information that our Trsut website does about our hospitals and our services. Unfortunately Google search results don’t make this distinction very obvious and it is impossible to guarantee that our site appears first on the search results. Interestingly if you search on Lincoln Hospital rather than Lincoln County Hospital it does appear first on the search results.

Does this help??