"Atttitude of A&E Doctor"

About: Northwick Park Hospital

After nearly 6 hours of wait, my dad was seen by the A& E Doctor , who was totally unprofessional, my dad requested the Doctor ,that I help with explaining his problem as he was in total agony. The Doctor refused and said the 'contract is with his patient' and arrogantly told me to complain if I wish to do so. I wonder since when did Doctors start dictating rules for patient care. My dad has complained to the hospital trust, but they should be ahsamed of themselves for lack of empathy , most importantly communication skills. I wonder why do people operate with such a pre-judice and pre-occupied mind. To make matters wrose, they lelft my dad and my mom in the ward and left the computer (without the screen lock) for nearly 15 minutes, in that anybody could have accessed information from that PC.beggars belief to expect this Doctor follow the procedures.

Response from Northwick Park Hospital

We were sorry to learn of your experiences within our A&E Department. Your feedback will be passed on to the relevant managers so that they can take appropriate action. If you would like to raise your concerns with the Trust formally you can do so via email to nwlh-tr.Trust@nhs.net or in writing to the Chief Executive, Northwick Park Hospital, Watford Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 3UJ.