"Recent surgery to a ruptured quadriceps tendon"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

Following an early diagnosis of the damage sustained to my knee I was scheduled for surgery within the day. My placement within the specific orthapeidic ward was quick and efficient and surgery was carried out within the day, at all times through the pre op and post op treatment I was kept fully informed of the procedure by the registrar and the nursing team. I have nothing but praise for the team involved through all aspects from diagnosis which was spot on, to the pre op, surgery, and post op. The ward (14, orthopeidic) was well run, clean and all my needs were met with kindness and professionalism. Although it has only been 2weeks now since surgery and having the sight of the operation dealt with by the local district nurse i.e. removal of suture staples and re-dressing I am having difficulty in finding out what the follow on procedure is in respect of physio post op. Apart from that a very satisfying experience considering the trauma visited on my leg.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thanks for your comments. Hearing about positive experiences really motivates our staff, and helps us identify where we’re getting things right so we can share good practice across all of our services. We'll pass on your comments to the orthopaedics team. Please do contact either PALS 01772 522972, or our outpatient appointments department 01772 524555 to discuss your future treatment. Best wishes.